Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Running Back Blurb Breakdown: Ladainian Tomlinson


CURVE BALL. Instead of the number three back, I pull out old LT2 who I think is NOT dead yet.

Here's why:

Ladainian Tomlinson
I always love movies where some guy is counted out - be it in the boxing ring, a classroom, a board room - the comeback story is a favorite.

Maybe that's why I'm higher on LT than many others. I think Tomlinson has another year - at least - in him and will put up solid numbers this year.

By all reports he's healthy, so he won't be starting the season banged up as he did last year. Now staying healthy - that's the trick and at LT's age, it might be no mean feat. Also a question is the play of the offensive line, which was borderline criminal last season and left LT, Darren Sproles and Phillip Rivers exposed to mad abuse.

That certainly didn't help Tomlinson's numbers.

A lack of a pure blocking fullback hurt as well. That also remains a question mark though Jacob Hester's blocking improved as last season wore on.

Still I believe LT has at least one last hurrah in him and in fact will benefit in getting spelled for some carries by Sproles. He's on the mat, bruised and battered by the pundits and I think the story ends with him getting up one last time and sending those pundits to the mat.

No comments: