Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Monday, July 14, 2008

Brief News and Vacation notes

Hey folks,

I am heading to Alaska today and will in part be interwebs free off and on throughout the week. So for now, I might direct you to any of the fine sights on the right of this post for your listening/news/football fix pleasure.

I am working on putting this thing on an RSS feed soon so you'll know every time I post - you can subscribe with the button to the right, but it's not the same thing, as far as I can tell.

Will be back next Monday - and back here by Tuesday Morning. With an announcement if certain folks *coughLammycough* don't beat me to it.

Here's the quick hits -

Chris Henry May Be Reinstated
Former Bengal and consistent law-breaker Chris Henry had some assault charges dropped today - and as such the NFL will re-examine his suspension. Will someone give him a shot in Training Camp? Probably. Figure the list could start with the WR challenged Titans and go until you hit the bad decision plagued Raiders. Will he contribute? That's the big question. He has the ability - but it comes with a huge amount of baggage.

WR Engram Still Hoping for Contract
Bobby Engram has been threatening a hold out all off-season and the Seahawks are calling his bluff. Engram was huge last year, but is old enough to where the Hawks don't want to renegotiate. My take is, engram WILL NOT HOLD OUT - and will end up being the solid center of the offense again, potentially topping 70-80 catches again. People always overlook him - I'll be drafting him often.

And finally from the This is what the NFC Norris Wanted to hear - NOT file -
Adrian Peterson Has Learned Pass Protection
According to the
Minneapolis Star-Tribune ADP has improved his pass protecting and you have to assume that means more 3rd downs for All-Day. Chester Taylor will still get lots of carries, but this cuts his value down, assuming it pans out.

I'm sure that makes Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay ecstatic.

As a Peteron owner in one dynasty, it sure makes me giddy.

OK folks - maybe I'll see you this week - maybe I will get stomped by a moose. Of course in five trips to family up north I have yet to see one, so I think they may be a media trick.


No comments: