Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Friday, July 11, 2008

Non-Favre news (and some Favre news)

I think I've vented my spleen here and on The Audible enough to keep the Favre stuff brief and move on.

So here is the Thundering Blurb Favre Take for the Day (patent pending)

He's NOT getting an unconditional release. Not a chance. I posted in the Footballguys.com Shark Pool that the only thing worse (PR-wise) that the Packers could do in this situation is to allow him to go within the division. To not only allow him to play elsewhere, but see him TWICE next season. Heck no.

He'll be activated, he'll be traded. I am leaning towards Baltimore as it's out of the division and conference, but Tampa makes sense too. Would love to see him as a Jet, but that's not likely.

But no way in Football Hell he is being released to go where he pleases. If GB does that, then GM Ted Thompson is insane.

/Favre rant

FORMER BRONCOS RB TRAVIS HENRY REPORTEDLY TESTED POSITIVE FOR DRUG USE
Well, now we know why he was released. According to a report by the Denver Sports Insider (producer/reporter Josina Anderson from Fox31) Henry tested positive again for the dope just prior to his release from the Broncos. Shanny said 'lack of committment' in terms of the why when Henry was let go - but I disagree. Sounds like TOO MUCH committment to me. It's a real shame, frankly, as Henry seems to have tremendous talent but can't keep his head straight.

Starts to make you worry a little when Shanny is now defending Brandon Marshall, huh? Hopefully BMarshall can get HIS head on straight before he gets further into trouble.

Speaking of Drugs -

MATT JONES BUSTED FOR COCAINE POSSESSION
I won't be shocked if Jones - who insiders have said already was on the bubble - is released by the end of the weekend. He was already a bust as a wide reciever, wasn't playing consistently well and was just taking up space in Jacksonville. But according to the Orlando Sentinel now he compounded it by being pulled over while in possession of cocaine which, by the way, he reportedly tried to hide from the cops IN HIS HANDS. Nice.

KEVIN JONES DEPORTED TO TAMPA BAY - SAYS HE'S NOT FROM THERE
Apologies for the old Johnny Dangerously quote. But while Kevin Jones was reported to have a visit scheduled with the Tampa Bay Bucs earlier this week, Jones has now come out and said despite what was posted on the ESPN Blog Hashmarks that no, he is not going to Tampa yet. He says in an article with the Tampa Tribune that they haven't called him, though he is still interested in playing there.

Remember a week or so ago how I said it was interesting that reports were focused on how much Jones wanted to play in Tampa but how telling it might be that Tampa wasn't commenting? I'm not saying he won't go to Tampa (he went to Pittsburgh earlier this week) but the fact that they haven't responded yet. Tough market for the Free Agent running backs this off-season, no? Jones will find a home - I'm just dubious it will be Tampa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I wanted to send you guys over to an article my fellow Draftnick and friend Josh Buchanan wrote - an interview with Ramses Barden, WR from Cal Poly. It's posted on NFLDraftbible.com and they do some excellent work there. They are very high on Barden, so take a look. I'll have my own interview with him in another week or so, but Josh is a great source. He knows his stuff. Check it out.

More later or tomorrow.

Quick warning - I will be traveling to Alaska on Monday - either I will have some guest posting or thes posts will be few and far between next week. But I will be back in full force on the 22nd and it'll be postapalooza from there on out including some stuff from Cowboys Camp in Oxnard, California, which I will be covering for Denver radio station FM 104.3 The Fan. Or at least that's my story and I am sticking to it.

No comments: