Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chiefs push back presser - trade in the works?

I really miss being home - and not just because my family has not joined me here in New York yet. But I miss my Direct TV and NFLN.

For without my NFLN, I found out second hand that Adam Shefter is reporting the Chiefs have pushed their usual press conference back until after the 4:00 EST trade deadline.

As I said this morning on the Stampede, it's usually very quiet at the trade deadline though this year feels different. Certainly there are teams that could use a Tony Gonzalez, Donnie Edwards or - dare I say it? - Larry Johnson. And a team like the Chiefs must recognize they are playing for the future and likely NOT this season. Detroit fits that category too, though who wants busted up Jon Kitna would be beyond me.

But a trade - or more than one - could happen. The wind certainly feels like it is blowing in that direction.

More as it occurs.

No comments: