Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Monday, October 13, 2008

Top QBs for Week 6

Hey folks - as late as this is, I will be a tad brief (yes it is possible). The list of the top five at each position with my thoughts in a sentance.

Traveling on Sunday worked well in theory but it put me behind for the college stuff I normally do on Sundays, which made today long..... blah. blah, blah......

Drew Brees - 320 yards, 3 TDs - I had Brees as my second ranked QB this week (we'll ignore my first ranked guy) and he didn't dissappoint against the woeful Raiders. The Panthers should be a good matchup for him as well - especially if colston comes back.


Phillip Rivers - 306 yards, 3 TDs - While I thought Rivers would be a good start this week, I think I underestimated how much the Pats are struggling. Can he repeat it against the Bills? It won't be easy. He's a little streaky and I expect more and more LT as the season progresses.

Tony Romo - 321 yards, 3 TDs, 1 fumble - Well, we won't this name for four weeks, huh? In a losing cause, Romor played well, though he had his usual miscue and nearly had a second i nthe end zone that was ruled an incomplete pass. Romo is a good qb, but what makes him pull these menatal burps I don't know. Regardless he' s got a broken pinkie and will not be back for a month.


Matt Schaub - 379 yards, 1 pass TD, 1 rush TD, 2 INTs - Maybe he should be higher on the list based on yardage alone, but those INTs must have hurt. With Rosenfels coming in and imploding last week, then Schaub leading his team on a drive to beat the Dolphins this week, I think he's got the job locked up. Aside from the INTs I thought he looked good in the parts I saw on the plane. I've always liked Schaub. Unfortunatley like many of you, I didn't start him this week in the one league I have him in. He is very startable this coming week against Detroit.

Peyton Manning - 271 yards, 3 TDs - Is he back? I think he is and he did this against what was at the time the top defense in the league. He found various receivers including Marvin Harrison twice. He kept the chains moving, looked accurate and poised and had time to throw against a D that we expected to give him some trouble. And this is why I told the folks on ESPN 1230 that while The Manning: Eli was playing better so far, The Manning: Peyton would reclaim his crown.

Near misses: Aaron Rodgers (208, 2 TDs, 1 rush TD, 1 fumble), Matt Ryan (301, 1 TD, 1 rush TD), Donavan McNabb (278, 2Tds, 1 INT), Kurt Warner (236, 2TDs but 1 fumble and 1 INT)
Back with RBs shortly.....

No comments: