Listen to Fantasy Sports on internet talk radio

Friday, September 12, 2008

Beanie Wells OUT says ESPN

Now I always say to take everything in a big game with a grain of salt. But ESPN is reporting that Chris 'Beanie' Wells is OUT for tomorrow's tilt against the University of Southern California.

Tressel broke the news Friday afternoon after the team went through a 40-minute walkthrough at the Coliseum.

From the article:

"He's been getting treatment 15 times a day," Tressel told the assembled media just minutes after he told his team of the decision. "I guess if looks could kill he fought me. I just told the team because it's important our guys know what we thought we should do."

"He worked so hard, but my job is to keep his best interests at heart," Tressel told ESPN's Joe Schad.

Huge blow to OSU. Can they overcome it? I think they can - but it just got REAL tough.

More on the OSU/USC tilt a little later.

No comments: